FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Felisa Schneider, COO
November 4, 2021—Twenty-two women leaders representing public and private healthcare systems, state departments of health, payers, and academic medical centers across the country were welcomed into the Carol Emmott Fellowship Class of 2022. The Carol Emmott Fellowship is a signature initiative of The Carol Emmott Foundation, established in 2016, dedicated to inclusive gender equity at the highest levels of healthcare leadership and governance.
The Carol Emmott Fellowship is a prestigious, 14-month experience for exceptional, innovative women leaders who are making lasting change in their communities and institutions, and serving as exemplary advocates for equity in the workplace and beyond.
“As our country continues to confront alarming injustices in all aspects of health, work, and society, we need diverse women executives who will lead the healthcare industry,” said Anne McCune, CEO of the Foundation. “We are a national movement of women and allies who are doing just that.”
Among the cohort of new Fellows, four were awarded full scholarships to increase participation of women from backgrounds historically underrepresented in this and similar programs.
Carol Emmott Fellows are nominated by their sponsoring organizations. The competitive process includes the submission of an original impact project proposal designed to accelerate action toward equity in their institutions and communities. Fellowship recipients also receive mentorship throughout their tenure from nationally recognized senior executive health leaders.
Class of 2022 Fellows
*Scholarship awardees are denoted with an asterisk
- Jennifer Blaha, MBA; Vice President, Operations, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Stella Wan Qin Cao, MS, MPA; Director of Managed Care, San Francisco Department of Public Health*
- Alesia Coe, DNP, RN, NEA-BC; Associate Chief Nursing Officer/Executive Director, Adult Inpatient Hospitals, University of Chicago Medicine
- Stacy Gray, MD, AM; Associate Clinical Professor, City of Hope
- Juell Homco, PhD, MPH; Assistant Professor, University of Oklahoma
- Sucharita Kher, MD; Vice Chair, Clinical Operations and Quality, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center
- Caprice Knapp, PhD; Medicaid Director, North Dakota Department of Human Services*
- Rachel Manotti, MHA; Vice President, Strategy and Market Advancement, Geisinger
- Heather Marstiller, MBOE; Vice President, Continuous Improvement, Duke University Hospital, Duke University Health System
- Marissa McKeever, Esq; Director, Government and Community Affairs, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Terri Newmier; Vice President, Human Resources, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Katie O’Leary, RN, MPH; Vice President, Care Continuum, Yale New Haven Health
- Priti Patel, MD; Chief Medical Information Officer, John Muir Health
- Florencia Polite, MD; Chief Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology, Penn Medicine
- Angelique Richard, PhD, RN, CENP; Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer, Rush University Medical Center
- Stefanie A. Roberts Newman, MSN, RN, NEA-BC; Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President, Patient Care
- Services, Henry Ford Health System
- Garima Singh, MD, FAPA; Chief Medical Officer, Burrell Behavioral Health*
- Elizabeth Stedina, MBA, MS; Vice President of Data Analytics, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health
- Brenda Sulick, PhD; Vice President, Public, Government, and Community Affairs, SCAN Health Plan
- Timshel Tarbet, MBA; Vice President, Business Excellence and Diversity Strategy, SCAN Health Plan
- Lakshmi Warrior, MD, MPH, FAAN; Chair, Neurology, Cook County Health*
- Rahma Warsame, MD; Associate Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Learn more about this year’s Fellows, as well as the work and mission of The Carol Emmott Foundation, by visiting carolemmottfoundation.org.