Twenty-one women leaders representing 20 organizations across 13 states were welcomed into The Carol Emmott Fellowship Class of 2021. The Carol Emmott Fellowship is a signature program of The Carol Emmott Foundation, established in 2016, to address the underrepresentation of women in the highest levels of healthcare leadership and governance.
The Carol Emmott Fellowship is a prestigious, 14-month program for exceptional, innovative women leaders who are making lasting change in their communities and institutions, and serving as exemplary advocates for equity in the workplace and beyond.
“This is the most diverse class we’ve inducted since the program started five years ago,” said Anne McCune, CEO of the Foundation. “As our nation continues to reel from the greatest health crisis in our lifetimes,” she noted, “it’s essential that we support and invest in women leaders in healthcare.”
Among the cohort of new Fellows, three were awarded full scholarships to increase participation of women from institutions historically underrepresented in this and similar programs.
Carol Emmott Fellows are nominated by their sponsoring organizations. The competitive process includes the submission of an original impact project proposal designed to accelerate action toward equity in their institutions and communities. Fellowship recipients also receive mentorship throughout their tenure from nationally recognized senior executive health leaders.
Class of 2021 Fellows
- Palav Babaria, MD, MHS, Chief Administrative Officer of Ambulatory Services, Alameda Health System
- Holly Beeman, MD, MBA, Chief Surgical Officer, Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group, a Sutter Health Affiliate
- Jennifer Brooks-Mason, Vice President Digital Strategy, SCAN Health Plan
- Yvette M. Brown, MD, FACOG, Medical Director, Keystone Women’s Care, Keystone Rural Health
- Kenyatta Elliott, MBA, MHA, Associate Vice President, Duke University Health System
- Elisabeth Erekson, MD MPH, FACOG, FACS, Department Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chief, Women’s Health Service Line, Maine Medical Center
- Michelle N. Figueroa, Deputy Executive Director, NYC Health & Hospitals/Harlem
- Ginette Hawkins, MSW, Vice President Compliance, Compliance Officer, SCAN Health Plan
- Staci A. Hermann, PharmD, MS, Chief Pharmacy Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health
- Krista Hoglund, ASA, MAAA, Security Health Plan Chief Actuary & Financial Officer, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Lorraine Lee, MHA, BSPharm, Vice President, Corporate Pharmacy and Supply Chain Services, Yale New Haven Health
- Nicki Sandusky McCann, Esq, Vice President Provider/Payer Transformation, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Emily S. Moorhead, FACHE, Chief Operating Officer, Central Market, Henry Ford Health System
- Kari Evan Roberts, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer for Graduate Medical Education, Associate Professor of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center
- Lorna Rodriguez-Rodriguez, MD, PhD; Vice Chair Surgery, Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center
- Tristé Lieteau Smith, MD, JD Executive Director, Strategy and Innovation, Urban Health Initiative, The University of Chicago Medicine
- Mika Taylor, Executive Finance Director, John Muir Health
- Vicky Tilton, MSN, RN, Executive Director Inpatient Operations & Assistant CNO, Valley Children’s Healthcare
- Carolyn Tung-Conti, MS, Executive Director, Departments of Orthopaedics and Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Lisa M. Walke, MD, MSHA, AGSF, Chief, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Karena Weikel, ASA, MAAA, Interim Chief Actuary & Vice President Risk and Revenue Management, Geisinger Health Plan
Learn more about this year’s Fellows, as well as the work and mission of The Carol Emmott Foundation, by visiting carolemmottfellowship.org/type/class-of-2021/.